US Sailing is proud to announce its return to Florida for the third annual 2023 US Open Sailing Series. Beginning in 2021 but inspired by historically popular Miami Olympic Class Regattas (OCRs), the US Open Sailing Series provides a domestic regatta schedule for athletes racing Olympic class boats.
At a Glance:
- Ft. Lauderdale US Open: January 14-16, Lauderdale Yacht Club
- Miami US Open: January 14-16, US Sailing Center Miami
- Clearwater US Open: February 2-5, Clearwater Community Sailing Center
New in 2023
- Clearwater is now open to ALL Olympic classes [see full list here]
- The Clearwater US Open will serve as a country qualification event for the 2023 Pan American Games in Santiago, Chile. More information about country qualification can be found HERE.
- Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, and Clearwater will all play a role in US athlete selection for the 2023 Pan American Games, the 2023 Sailing World Championships, and the 2023 Olympic Test Event. Read more about athlete selection here.
- 2023 Olympic Test Event | July 9-16, 2023 | Marseille, France
- 2023 Sailing World Championships | August 10-20, 2023 | The Hague, The Netherlands
- 2023 Pan American Games | October 20 – November 5, 2023 | Santiago, Chile
“With the help of our host clubs and sponsors, we’re now beginning year three of our domestic circuit for Olympic class racing,” said Paul Cayard, Executive Director of US Olympic Sailing. “Providing these regatta opportunities is critical for our country’s journey to Olympic excellence, and this year the stakes are even higher with qualification for global events on the line.”
Save the Date(s)
Ft. Lauderdale - January 14-16, 2023
Classes - ILCA 4, ILCA 6, ILCA 7
Miami - January 14-16, 2023
Classes - Mixed 470, 49er, 49er FX, 29er, Formula Kite, iQFOiL
Clearwater - February 1-5, 2023
Classes - Mixed 470, ILCA 6, ILCA 7, 49er, 49er FX, Nacra 17, Formula Kite, iQFOiL
The California events are still under construction. More information will be released soon.